Edwardian Cooking - The Unofficial Downton Abbey Cookbook
The PBS Masterpiece series Downton Abbey has taken the world by storm. With eighty delicious recipes, The Totally, Absolutely Unofficial Downton Abbey Cookbook celebrates the phenomenal success of the series and the culinary wonders enjoyed by the aristocracy in Edwardian England. Starting with an elegant array of savory tea sandwiches and sweets from traditional high tea, this book guides you through dinner at the Edwardian table with its:
• Infinite variety of breads—Dinner Biscuits, Estate Oat Bread, Downton Dinner Rolls, and many more
• Soups—Majestic Potato Soup, Royal Cheddar Cheese Soup, and Stilton Chowder
• Side Dishes—Asparagus in Cider Sauce, Baked Creamed Turnips, Shredded Spiced Brussels Sprouts, and Savory Caraway Cabbage
• Entrées—Edwardian Leg of Lamb, Lobster Pudding, Oyster Roll, Leek Pie, Downton Pheasant Casserole, and Pork Loaf with Apples
• Dessert at the Abbey—Lemon Crème Soufflé, Raspberries in Sherry Sabayon Sauce, Queen Victoria Rice Pudding, and Downton Abbey Honey Cake
With recipes adapted for the modern cook by Chef Larry Edwards, these dishes are as inspiring as they are easy to make.
Skyhorse Publishing, along with our Good Books and Arcade imprints, is proud to publish a broad range of cookbooks, including books on juicing, grilling, baking, frying, home brewing and winemaking, slow cookers, and cast iron cooking. We’ve been successful with books on gluten-free cooking, vegetarian and vegan cooking, paleo, raw foods, and more. Our list includes French cooking, Swedish cooking, Austrian and German cooking, Cajun cooking, as well as books on jerky, canning and preserving, peanut butter, meatballs, oil and vinegar, bone broth, and more. While not every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might not otherwise find a home.